US EB5 Application Process:
- The investor submits application documents to Canadian International for a preliminary review and assessment
- Once the investor qualifies, the investor will submit a complete application to Canadian, we will assist and process the application. At this time, the applicant is required to wire the investment fund to the escrow account
- Each investor is assigned a personal U.S. immigration lawyer that is highly skilled in this type of visa program. The lawyer will complete and file the form I-526 with the USCIS on behalf of the investor and his/her family
- The USCIS reviews the file. The investor’s funds remain in a protected escrow account until the visa application is approved by the USCIS
- Once approved by the USCIS, the immigration lawyer prepares and files the investor application with the United States consulate in the investor’s home country
- The United States embassy will issue an interview appointment letter to the investor. Canadian will help prepare the investor for the interview. It will take approximately 6 – 8 months for the embassy processing and interview
- Visa approval is given at the interview. Once approved, immigrants must enter the United States within 6 months of the visa date, and the immigration lawyer will assist the investor in establishing lawful permanent residence.
- The investor and his/her family hold permanent residence status Green Cards enabling them to live anywhere in the United States. After two years, Canadian helps the investor file for removal of conditional status. After 5 years the investor is repaid the investment of $500,000.